In Sri Lanka, well water (groundwater) is directly consumed with little or no treatment as people in these areas can not afford treatment facilities. However, water quality in many part of Sri Lanka is poor and is not suitable for drinking. Drinking contaminated water has caused kidney diseases among poor people. Our solution is to supply RO filters and water tanks to these poor communities specially schools. Your generous donations will be used for these projects.
- RO Filter – $423 CAD
- Water Tank – $73 CAD – $110 CAD
A large number of low-income Sri Lankans are helpless due to the COVID19 epidemic. Most of them lost their livelihood. While public servants get paid, the middle class live off their savings, the poor are very helpless. We plan to create self-employment opportunities to these affected families. We hope to provide the initial raw materials, tools, equipments and guidance for them to start self-employment of their choice to achieve long-term stability.
- Sewing Machine (Normal) – $255 CAD
- Sewing Machine (Lockstich) – $460 CAD
- Overlock Machine – $587 CAD
- Bush Cutter (Grass Cutter) Machine – $219 CAD
- Cement Brick Making Machine Basic – $117 CAD
- Cement Brick Making Machine Advance – $219 CAD
- Incense Stick Making Machine – $407 CAD
- String Hopper Making Machine – $133 CAD
- Slipper Making Machine – $1074 CAD
- Street Orange Juice Bar – $185 CAD
- Ready-made Slipper Selling Business – $148 CAD
- Pillows, Doormat & Dolls Selling Business – $185 CAD
- Cattle – $473 CAD – $947 CAD
- Goats – $109 CAD – $255 CAD
Since most of the raw materials are imported from China, it can be difficult to find them these days. And the prices of the materials can go up during the post-covid period. Therefore, the estimate for these self-employment projects may not be accurate.